Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chemotherapy #3

We met with Dr Grabelsky at 1030 yesterday prior to our chemo session. Blood work all came back in the normal range! It's a relief to see a positive sign. Dr said it seems the chemo is working. We will have a scan done after treatment #6 to measure progress(25August). I was pushing for earlier but Dr Grabelsky feels it would be too early. I will run this by the Dr Ardalan in Miami and see what he thinks. Dennis seems to tolerate the chemo-no hair loss,nausea just fatigue. He had gained 3 lbs so if you come to visit be prepared to do the same! I have learned so much from my sister Jean who is a Registered Dietician in Pennsylvania and we are getting results with her guidance!!

We spoke about our desire to take Natalie and Brian to Wyoming in August to college and Dr. Grabelsky said it should be a possibility. I purchased tickets for 16August-24August. It will be a welcomed break from the treatments.Snowy Mountain here we come!

Our old neighbor and friends Marcia and Randy Springfield are visiting this week from Raleigh,NC and it has been fun looking at old photos and video of our families.

4th of July is almost here and we are planning a cookout with family and friends. I'm sure Dennis will be purchasing fireworks for our at home display!

1 comment:

Natalie D. West said...

Blood work yuck! But at least it`s doing good- yay for dad!

No hair loss for dad? That`s even better! But I`m sure if it ever happened Logan with his multitude of dog-hair could help out...

MY NAME MENTIONED WAH! Yes Wyoming.. so close now! Insanity!

Ooooh I wish I was there for the 4th! (Though I bet in some dim and dark universe I`d be working it) Fireworks and food sounds great!

Oh! Also got dad`s letter yesterday- I had fun translating it for my family, they were pretty shocked at the gator story! They also enjoyed Maria`s letter, since it was in Spanish- I love getting show and tell letters! (With the deluxe picture of me holding a baby gator too!)

Off to start typing!

love, Natalie