Thursday, June 5, 2008

Update Thursday 5 June 0825EDT

Dennis Writes;
Well, I'm sure glad I started this cancer program. I got immediate relief
from the pain by the end of the day, monday while hooked up at the
cancer center from the stuff they were pouring in.
I felt better than I had in 3 months. Wow. Then at the
end of the day they hooked me to a fanny Pack pump
to run 48 hrs putting in 2 ML of the toxic chemo stuff. This stuff is
tough stuff, by noon the next day I knew why it is put in slowly:
the stuff knocks you for a loop.
Today Thursday I feel better but yesterday was a tough day.
This afternoon I go in to have the pump taken off as the
chemo stuff will have all been dumped in. The chemo pump
kit comes with a Haz-matt package. Rubber gloves, mask,
clean up towels in case of a rupture of the feed line.
Reminds me of the Old SAC B-52 tee shirt; "Nuc' em to they glow
and then shoot 'em in the dark." But I'm astounded at how
quick acting the stew of stuff injected has knocked
the cancer back with just one fill. I am scheduled for 1 week on
and 1 week off, for 6 months. A small price to pay to knock cancer off.

I would like to thank all of you who sent cards and phone calls and or stopped by.
It has kept me on a even keel.
I would especially like to thank my wife MK
who has been a rock for me in this trial.

Dennis

1 comment:

Natalie D. West said...

I´m glad you´re getting relief from pain, strangely in the form of poison! Very interesting treatment.. defianately a lot different than I would think!

Does this mean you glow in the dark now? XD Then you can´t sneak up on me 12 in the morning.. I´ll see you coming!

love you and miss you, mom and dad!